Monday, October 15, 2007

10-15-07

Hey Brad:

Hey sweetie! Thanks for calling me yesterday, I loved talking to you on the phone. I know you started your final camp out today and I've been thinking about you all day. It's crazy to think that this is your last big thing of boot camp; that by Thursday you'll be done. It has taken forever, but it also seems like it has gone really fast. I'm glad that Basic Training is almost done and that all we have left is AIT because I think AIT is going to be a lot better and easier and it is going to go faster. You are going to have more freedoms and it is going to be so much shorter than boot camp. Almost half the length of boot camp. Also, let me know what you think about me bringing the girls to visit you in El Paso at Fort Bliss.


Here's another poem:


It seems we began this separation so long ago.
There is never enough time when saying goodbye.

I'm being stretched beyond my previous limits,
Being apart from my love affects me to the core.

Our love is my strength and it fills in the gaps.
My Savior also buoys me up.

I am about to be with my lover again.
We will be together for a short, but precious time.
I wish everyone had what I have and was as lucky as I am.

I took your family to the airport this morning and Jane went with them. I already miss her so much. I can't imagine how you are feeling, missing your girls. Jane is doing so great. On Saturday we went shopping and to a little farmer's market. Jane was in heaven because there was a bunch of fruit samples. Then your parents bought some really tasty peaches and Tim handed her one for a bite and she basically devoured the whole thing. It was really funny! She ate it so fast and there was juice dripping everywhere.


The lyrics for today are Chantal Kreviazuk's “Feels Like Home”: Somethin' in your eyes, makes me wanna lose myself; makes me wanna lose myself, in your arms. There's somethin' in your voice, makes my heart beat fast. Hope this feeling lasts, the rest of my life. If you knew how lonely my life has been and how long I've been so alone. And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along and change my life the way you've done. It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me. It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from. It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me. It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong. A window breaks, down a long, dark street and a siren wails in the night. But I'm alright, 'cause I have you here with me and I can almost see, through the dark there is light. Well, if you knew how much this moment means to me and how long I've waited for your touch. And if you knew how happy you are making me. I never thought that I'd love anyone so much. It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me. It feels like I'm all the way the back where I come from. It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me. It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong. It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong.”


Like I was saying on the phone, I like to imagine what our reunion will be like too. The last letter I got from you described what you thought it would be like. Like I was saying on the phone I think it will be like when we saw each other for the first time after your mission, only 10 times better. I can't wait to just be with you again and be in your presence. When I have a hard time falling asleep at night, I lay there imagining what it will be like when we are together again. I can't wait to hug you and kiss you and smell you and touch you...


Love-Jess


P.S. If you get a chance, I think that underwear that you found that you told me about on the phone yesterday is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment