Wednesday, October 3, 2007

10-03-07

Hey Sweetheart:

How is the love of my life? How are your PT tests going? Did you find out about your expert marksman status? Is it going to count? I sure hope so! Guess what? I found a rockin' dress today to wear for your Boot Camp Graduation. I look foxy in it and I'm excited for you to see me in it.

Today I went ocean swimming for my exercise and it was so fun! I like to get a variety in my exercise and I was supposed to go running today, but I stayed up too late last night to get up early to run. So, later in the day when the girls were sleeping, James and I went down to the ocean and swam to the pier and then ran in the shallow water back so that there was resistance on our feet when we were running. It was very fun and worked us hard. I was a little afraid to go alone which is why I asked James to come with me. This was the first time that I had been in the ocean since I have been living here and it was freezing cold, but it felt great.

I loved your pictures in the last letter, and if you have time when you write letters, I would love more pictures. I love what you draw, I think you are so talented. That red wavy design in the last letter was amazing, it must have taken a long time. Even though I'm not getting letters every day any more, when I do get a letter it has several days worth or writing in it and I just love it. I'm going to try and answer some questions and address some topics in your last letters. You asked me if the days are going quickly and they really are. I still miss you so much, but it is much easier now than it was at first, I'm pretty used to it now. But I can't wait until we are together again.

Do you know how I often say funny things? Like the Seven Years In Tibet comment? Well, here's another one. I used to think that the song “The Farmer in the Dell” was actually “The Farmer and the Dale.” Isn't that silly? You married a smart one, I'm telling you. I must have a degree or something :)

So, in honor of this new knowledge, the lyrics for today are The Farmer in the Dell:

“The farmer in the dell. The farmer in the dell. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The farmer in the dell.
The farmer takes a wife. The farmer takes a wife. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The farmer takes a wife.
The wife takes a child. The wife takes a child. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The wife takes a child.
The child takes a nurse. The child takes a nurse. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The child takes a nurse.
The nurse takes a cow. The nurse takes a cow. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The nurse takes a cow.
The cow takes a dog. The cow takes a dog. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The cow takes a dog.
The dog takes a cat. The dog takes a cat. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The dog takes a cat.
The cat takes a rat. The cat takes a rat. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The cat takes a rat.
The rat takes the cheese. The rat takes the cheese. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The rat takes the cheese.
The cheese stands alone. The cheese stands alone. Hi-ho, the derry-o. The cheese stands alone.”

While Parker has been here we got out a lot of my old books and toys that I used to play with when I was a kid. One fun book I've been reading to Parker and Jane that I remember reading a lot when I was little was James the Jaguar. Parker has also been listening to Power Tales which are books about important people like Florence Nightengale and Louis Pastuer, but they are written for kids and then we have tapes that go along with them. It is all so fun and it reminds me a lot of my childhood. One of my favorite things that I used to play with, that I want to see if my mom will give me for our girls, was a thing called MapleTown. We had all these little families of animal figurines and my mom made us houses and things to make roads, and furniture and everything. I know that they have it stored in a box somewhere, I think it's in UT. So with this move I'm sure it will be found and I think it would be really fun for our girls.

I don't know about you, but I want our next baby to be a boy. I've found out from Jen that there are ways, timing wise with ovulation, that you can increase your chances of getting pregnant with a boy. I won't go into details here in this letter, but I'll tell you on the phone later. Anyway, speaking of having a baby boy, my dad is going to give us this really cute set of baby pictures of my uncle Bruce that I think will look so great in the nursery when we do have a boy. I think it will be appropriate since Bruce will be our son Bruce's namesake. So I'll be bringing them home with me. I've been getting lots of fun treasures while I've been living here...

I'm very excited for conference this weekend. I've been needing some spiritual enlightenment. I'm sure that you aren't going to be able to watch. So, we'll have to catch up once you are back. I also missed the Relief Society Broadcast last weekend, we just completely forgot to watch it. So I need to catch up on that too. Everyone is leaving tomorrow, my Mom, my Dad, Jen, Todd, and Parker. So, I'm going to be alone for like six days until your parents get here next Wednesday. But it's a lot easier this time then the last time I was alone, right after you left. I think I'm actually going to enjoy some alone time. I need a break from being parented. My parents are doing great with me living here, but they can't totally resist giving me advice and being my parents. It's kind of a challenge to go from being on your own and actually being parents, to living with your parents again. But it is also such a blessing, so any challenges are worth it.

Well, I better wrap this up. I love you so much!!!!! I hope that everything is going really well with you. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!

Love-Jess

P.S. In your letter you mentioned that you felt like you didn't even recognize Maren anymore. I can't wait to see your face when you finally get to see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment